Thursday 12 March 2015

Madonna's empty nest blues




It's so great that Madonna has spoken out about her deep sadness when Lourdes left home for uni. 
She said it  was like 'the first heartbreak of my life…..I would go in her bedroom and lie on her bed and cry.  
'I was a mess. It was really hard letting her go. I've come to terms with it but yes, I miss her and she's a part of me. It was like losing my arm.' 

The empty nest affects us all


Madonna must be one of the busiest women on the planet.  And she's probably the last person you'd expect to admit to being so upset.  But just like the rest of us she couldn't stop worrying about whether Lourdes was eating enough and getting enough sleep - and whether her daughter had enough towels and Q Tips!

It's proof - not that we needed it! -  that it's not just stay-at-home mums who are affected when their kids leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment